Re: Parallel query only when EXPLAIN ANALYZEd

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Parallel query only when EXPLAIN ANALYZEd
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jay Knight <jay@jayknight.com> writes:
> I've tried this on a CentOS VM (VirtualBox on Windows) that I gave 2 cores,
> and it worked as expected (it launched workers with and without explain
> analyze), so I've only been able to reproduce this on Windows.

FWIW, I tried your original example on Linux yesterday, and it seemed to
work fine --- it only wanted to use 1 worker, but the speedup was just
about exactly 2X with or without "explain analyze".  So this is somehow
Windows specific.  That's darn odd; in a quick look at the relevant code
I see nothing that looks platform dependent.

Somebody will need to trace through this on Windows and see where it's
going off the rails.