Migration from OracleDB to Postgres

От
Тема Migration from OracleDB to Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello Team,

We, at Cognizant Technology Solutions, India looking for changing one of our applications backend from OracleDB to Postgres.

So requesting you to kindly guide us with your thoughts to appraise this change, currently our application backend is using Oracle DB, and storing data volume of 25 plus million XML records.

Existing application on Oracle Database does the following activities. (Approx overall usage % in bracket)

All CRUD operations on XML data performed using XPATH criteria - to identify a XML record, includes

·         XML Select (70 %)

·         XML Update ( 20 to 30 % )

·         XML Delete ( 5 % )

·         XML Create(done at application) and Insert  (30%)

a.       New records insertion from Application

b.      Bulk upload /ETL insertion of 25million records – mostly onetime initial activity.

However If we go for a DB change with Postgres DB, can we able to do the above operations with a good performance and less code changes to existing platform. Could you kindly provide us your thoughts.

Also -

Regarding License, Can we use BSD version for commercial purpose and any third party support can you name it and their fees.

It would be a great help from you with your replies. Thank you in advance!

-Sivadas

Cognizant Technology Solutions, India

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.