Re: roundoff problem in time datatype

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: roundoff problem in time datatype
Дата
Re: roundoff problem in time datatype  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bjorklund <db@zigo.dhs.org> writes:
> Do the sql standard say anything on the matter?

It doesn't seem very helpful.  AFAICS, we should interpret storing
'23:59:59.99' into a TIME(0) field as a cast from TIME(2) to TIME(0),
and the spec defines that as
       15) If TD is the datetime data type TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE, then let           TSP be the <time precision> of
TD.
           b) If SD is TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE, then TV is SV, with             implementation-defined rounding or
truncationif necessary.

So it's "implementation-defined" what we do.

Сообщение: Re: roundoff problem in time datatype
Сообщение: Re: roundoff problem in time datatype