Re: very concerning, tables hopped from one database to

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: very concerning, tables hopped from one database to
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Ford <david+cert@blue-labs.org> writes:
> I'm not sure, but being that there was only one connect statement, and
> 1/4 of the tables were there, I have no idea what went wrong.  I
> imported it by hand so I should have noticed if anything was amiss.

Do you find the expected data in the tables --- both the ones that
were where you expected, and the ones that were not?  Do the tables
pg_dump cleanly in both cases?

If so, I've got to conclude it was some kind of pilot error.  I can
imagine bugs that would cause rows to get copied from one database's
pg_class to another's (cf the aforementioned buffer management error).
But for a "clean" transfer you'd need that to happen simultaneously for
rows in pg_class, pg_attribute, and other places.  And make the rows
disappear from the source database, which that old buffer bug did *not*
do.  And cause the physical files holding the data to move from one
database's subdirectory to another.  This is getting pretty far beyond
the bounds of credibility ...