Re: duplicate OID issue when using pg_upgrade to move from 9.3 to 9.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: duplicate OID issue when using pg_upgrade to move from 9.3 to 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Duarte Carreira <DCarreira@edia.pt> writes:
> I've trying to upgrade a 9.3 instance to 9.5 using pg_upgrade and facing this issue...

9.5.what?

Perusing the commit logs, I note that 9.5.3 included a fix for a
pg_upgrade issue that could possibly lead to this symptom, see
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=196870f2f

If you are on 9.5.recent, it'd be worth looking closer, because this
is certainly pretty odd.  One wouldn't expect a CREATE FUNCTION to
result in assignment of a type OID, at least not in pg_dump/pg_upgrade
scripts --- they should always put out a shell CREATE TYPE first.

By any chance, if you attempt a "pg_dump -s" from the problematic database,
does it emit any warnings (about dependency loops, perhaps)?