Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Breen Ouellette <the.man@breeno.net> writes:
> The result of this ambiguity is that the
> latest CD release of OpenBSD (3.4) no longer includes Postgresql

We are not changing the license text we inherited from Berkeley.
We do not have the right to, nor any interest in doing so.

Our interpretation of the license is that it's okay for downstream
redistributors to charge a fee.  We are not going to open the Pandora's
box of "clarifying" the wording, however.  If you will not redistribute
Postgres without a "clarification", that is your problem not ours.