Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> Breen Ouellette <the.man@breeno.net> writes:
> > The result of this ambiguity is that the
> > latest CD release of OpenBSD (3.4) no longer includes Postgresql
>
> We are not changing the license text we inherited from Berkeley.
> We do not have the right to, nor any interest in doing so.
>
> Our interpretation of the license is that it's okay for downstream
> redistributors to charge a fee.  We are not going to open the Pandora's
> box of "clarifying" the wording, however.  If you will not redistribute
> Postgres without a "clarification", that is your problem not ours.

Agreed.

If you have changed original BSD license on the code you got from
Berkeley that had this wording, seems you could just change the wording
of the PostgreSQL code too.  Seems to be the same issue.

I would hate to be the only license that OpenBSD doesn't like.  :-)

Сообщение: Re: Problem using LIMIT 1 when only 1 record exists.
Сообщение: Re: Problem using LIMIT 1 when only 1 record exists.