Re: gcov coverage data not full with immediate stop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: gcov coverage data not full with immediate stop
Дата
Re: gcov coverage data not full with immediate stop  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I agree, but also, we should start thinking about when to branch. I,
> too, have patches that aren't critical enough to justify pushing them
> post-freeze, but which are still good improvements that I'd like to
> get into the tree. I'm queueing them right now to avoid the risk of
> destabilizing things, but that generates more work, for me and for
> other people, if their patches force me to rebase or the other way
> around. I know there's always a concern with removing the focus on
> release N too soon, but the open issues list is 3 items long right
> now, and 2 of those look like preexisting issues, not new problems in
> v13. Meanwhile, we have 20+ active committers.

Yeah.  Traditionally we've waited till the start of the next commitfest
(which I'm assuming is July 1, for lack of an Ottawa dev meeting to decide
differently).  But it seems like things are slow enough that perhaps
we could branch earlier, like June 1, and give the committers a chance
to deal with some of their own stuff before starting the CF.

This is the wrong thread to be debating that in, though.  Also I wonder
if this is really RMT turf?