Re: Bug?? -- Alter table drop constraint doesn't seem to work on a primary key constraint in 7.2beta2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug?? -- Alter table drop constraint doesn't seem to work on a primary key constraint in 7.2beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> I was looking at the 7.2 docs online at developer.postgresql.org.  The
> only example of 'drop constraint' in the text for the 'alter table'
> command shows its usage without the RESTRICT/CASCADE option.  I also
> noticed that RESTRICT/CASCADE is not defined in the description of alter
> table so I am not really sure what each does.

> But I still can't get it to work for me.

Okay, looks like we have both some doco and some code issues to fix ...
thanks for the report.

> Notice that it doesn't seem to be able to drop the primary key
> constraint that was just created when I use the RESTRICT keyword and it
> claims not to support the CASCADE keyword at all.

I can believe that CASCADE might be a not-yet-supported option, but
the simpler case ought to work.