Re: RelationFlushRelation() or RelationClearRelation()

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: RelationFlushRelation() or RelationClearRelation()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06 Nov 2001 at 23:57 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| > After running the above and without (re)starting a new backend yields
| > the following error.  After getting a new backend, the behavior is as
| > desired.
|
| >   brent=# insert into child values(1);
| >   ERROR:  constraint <unnamed>: table parent does not have an attribute id
|
| I wonder whether you're looking in the right place.  The RI trigger code
| caches query plans --- could that caching be the source of the problem?
| (See backend/utils/adt/ri_triggers.c)

Tom,
 This code is now working as desired.  I believe the problem I was
seeing was due to my incorrect (and STUPID) approach to modifying
the bytea pg_trigger->tgargs directly...  I've since learned about
heap_modifytuple().  Anyway, I'm cleaning this patch up, and  will
be sending it to -patches shortly.
 Thanks for your assistance with this, and hopefully the next time I
decide to hack at PG, I'll choose something a bit more my speed :-P

cheers. Brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman