Re: PATCH: pg_restore parallel-execution-deadlock issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PATCH: pg_restore parallel-execution-deadlock issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ea274b2 has changed the way disconnection is done is is now closing
> both the read and write pipes. So you may want to retry if things get
> better with the next round of minor releases.

Hadn't paid attention to this thread before ...

It looks like there are still a few things we need to deal with before
considering Armin's submission resolved:

1. Armin proposes using "shutdown(pipeWrite, SD_BOTH)" where the code
committed this morning (df8d2d8c4) has "closesocket(pipeWrite)".
I'd prefer to leave it that way since it's the same as for the Unix case,
and Kyotaro-san says it works for him.  Is there a reason we'd need
shutdown() instead?

2. Armin proposes that WaitForTerminatingWorkers needs to do CloseHandle()
on the various thread handles.  That sounds plausible but I don't know
enough Windows programming to know if it really matters.

3. Should we replace ExitThread() with _endthreadex()?  Again, it
seems plausible but I'm not the person to ask.