Re: Mac OS 10.3 Panther make questions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mac OS 10.3 Panther make questions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Barnard <kbarnard_lists@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> On Feb 16, 2004, at 8:27 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> There isn't anything difficult about installing readline from source
>> on Panther.  Untar, configure, make, sudo make install.

> One would think this to be the case.  I keep getting the following link
> error

> warning -dylib_install_name /usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.3.dylib not
> found in segment address table LD_SEG_ADDR_TABLE
> /sw/var/lib/fink/prebound/seg_addr_table

Hmph.  I can tell you that readline builds fine for me on a fink-less
machine.  The above looks like some sort of unfortunate interaction
between readline and some part of fink, but I dunno what.  Anyway,
as long as fink's version of readline works for you, it doesn't seem
like our problem to chase.

> It just doesn't make sense that Apple would take the time to build bash
> and not bother to include the readline library.

Yeah, mighty annoying that ... maybe they can't because readline is GPL
not LGPL?  The functionality inside their bash may come from some other
code, like the BSD libedit.