Re: How can I avoid Frozenxid wraparound on failover to a standby(PITR) database?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How can I avoid Frozenxid wraparound on failover to a standby(PITR) database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Arctic Toucan <arctic_toucan@hotmail.com> writes:
> My standard settings in the config file are:
> autovacuum_freeze_max_age = 2,000,000,000
> vacuum_freeze_min_age = 100,000,000

Ah, well, there's the issue.  It could be expected that no tuple
freezing would happen before autovacuum_freeze_max_age.  I'd take a zero
off that value I think --- you're not leaving yourself a lot of daylight
between freeze_max_age and wraparound.  You could get away with that
setting in a smaller database that didn't take so long to vacuum, but
in a bigger one you want to freeze a bit more aggressively IMHO.