Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from copyrights, and put in standard

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from copyrights, and put in standard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am not sure, but I think that Alvaro's point is the copyright
> doesn't matter in this instance. It is the license that does.

Certainly, but if the file says "Copyright PostgreSQL Global Development
Group" then it's reasonable to assume that the intended license is the
one in the top COPYRIGHT file.  If the file says copyright someone else
then this requires a bit of a leap of faith.  If the file actually
contains its own license language (as Jan's files did till just now)
then that's unquestionably an independent license that you have to pay
attention to if you're redistributing.

> It is very good to keep everything consistent.

Yup, that's all we're after.