Re: password_encryption default

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: password_encryption default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> I'm +1 for changing both of these things as soon as we branch for v14,
>> but I feel like it's a bit late for v13.  If we aren't feature-frozen
>> now, when will we be?

> I really don't consider changing of defaults to be on the same level as
> implementation of whole features, even if changing those defaults
> requires a few lines of code to go with the change.

The buildfarm fiasco with 09f08930f should remind us that changing
defaults *does* break things, even if theoretically it shouldn't.
At this phase of the v13 cycle, we should be looking to fix bugs,
not to break more stuff.

Сообщение: Re: password_encryption default
Сообщение: Re: password_encryption default