Re: Question about Shared memory and PG

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Question about Shared memory and PG
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Nigel Bishop" <Nigel.Bishop@ioko.com> writes:
> In the PG log file the errors were:
> 2006-08-03 21:49:18 BST FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 50
> 2006-08-03 21:49:18 BST LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> 2006-08-03 21:49:18 BST LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

These look to me like your client(s) having a problem, not the server.
Or as you say it could have been a network hiccup.

I think the SHMMAX setting was unrelated, and had your operator not
insisted on waving a dead chicken by rebooting the database, you'd
still not know that someone had changed SHMMAX ...