Re: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> There are fairly many places using system indexes.
> Probably I would be able to change them.
> But is it preferable or possible to force other developers
> to take ignore_system_indexes mode into account ?

Is it really necessary to touch all those places?

Seems to me that if a person needs to rebuild system indexes,
he would be firing up a standalone backend and running
REINDEX --- and darn little else.  As long as none of the
support code required by REINDEX insists on using an index,
it doesn't matter what the rest of the system requires.

You might even think about doing the reindex in bootstrap mode,
though I don't know if that would be easier or harder.