Re: OOM Killing on Docker while ANALYZE running

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OOM Killing on Docker while ANALYZE running
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Jorge Daniel wrote:
>> Hi guys , I'm dealing with OOM killing on Postgresql 9.4.8 running on docker ,

> What is your statistics target?  analyze is supposed to acquire samples
> of the data, not the whole table ...

>> pgbench=# analyze verbose pgbench_accounts;
>> INFO:  analyzing "public.pgbench_accounts"
>> INFO:  "pgbench_accounts": scanned 1639345 of 1639345 pages, containing 100000000 live rows and 0 dead rows; 3000000
rowsin sample, 100000000 estimated total rows

The standard setting of default_statistics_target would only result in
trying to acquire a 30000-row sample, so the problem here is having
cranked that up beyond what the machine can sustain.  AFAIR we do not
consider maintenance_work_mem as imposing a limit on the sample size.

Сообщение: Re: OOM Killing on Docker while ANALYZE running
Сообщение: Re: OOM Killing on Docker while ANALYZE running