Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Re: Configuring synchronous replication  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: Configuring synchronous replication  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Um ... so how does this standby know what master to connect to, what
>> password to offer, etc? �I don't think that "pass down parameters after
>> connecting" is likely to cover anything but a small subset of the
>> configuration problem.

> Huh?  We have that stuff already.

Oh, I thought part of the objective here was to try to centralize that
stuff.  If we're assuming that slaves will still have local replication
configuration files, then I think we should just add any necessary info
to those files and drop this entire conversation.  We're expending a
tremendous amount of energy on something that won't make any real
difference to the overall complexity of configuring a replication setup.
AFAICS the only way you make a significant advance in usability is if
you can centralize all the configuration information in some fashion.

Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication