Re: listening on tcp socket instead of unix domain

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: listening on tcp socket instead of unix domain
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Bear <David.Bear@asu.edu> writes:
> However, a netstat -l tells me:

> netstat -l | grep 5432
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     732094 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

> netstat -l | grep postg
> tcp        0      0 localhost:postgresql    *:* LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 localhost:postgresql    *:* LISTEN

> This doesn't look right.

It looks fine to me.  The reason there are two listening sockets is most
likely that one is IPv4 and the other is IPv6 --- netstat's default display
fails to distinguish this (at least on Linux), but you can see it if you
do "netstat -l -n".

> Moreover, when attempting to create an ssh tunnel to connect to
> postgres from a windows box, the connection fails.

You're going to have to give more detail (like exactly what you tried
and exactly what happened) if you want help with that.  It could be a
firewall issue, but that's strictly a guess.