Re: AW: Repost: Get table/field-identifiers in uppercase

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: Repost: Get table/field-identifiers in uppercase
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB  <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> I do not think the standard states what should happen when you start mixing
> quoted and unquoted identifiers for the same object.

Actually, it does:
the<regular identifier> (with           every letter that is a lower-case letter replaced by the equiva-           lent
upper-caseletter or letters) and the <delimited identifier           body> of the <delimited identifier> (with all
occurrencesof           <quote> replaced by <quote symbol> and all occurrences of <dou-           blequote symbol>
replacedby <double quote>), considered as           the repetition of a <character string literal> that specifies a
     <character set specification> of SQL_TEXT and an implementation-           defined collation that is sensitive to
case,compare equally           according to the comparison rules in Subclause 8.2, "<comparison           predicate>".

The spec expects unquoted identifiers to be made case-insensitive by
folding them to upper case.  We do it by folding to lower case, instead.
While this isn't 100% standard, it's unlikely to be changed.  Too many
applications would break...

Сообщение: Re: Tips performance under solaris
Сообщение: Re: Tips performance under solaris