Re: [pgsql-hackers] Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers] Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema
Дата
Re: [pgsql-hackers] Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema  (Matthias Schmidt <schmidtm@mock-software.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> GRANT SELECT ON ALL, NEW TABLES IN public TO phpuser;
> ... does both.

Ah, I overlooked that part of your message.  I think the above probably
doesn't work in bison, but if not we could spell it like
 GRANT SELECT ON ALL AND NEW TABLES IN public TO phpuser;

Or just make the user enter two commands for this case.  Aside from
syntactic simplicity, that might be a good idea anyway.  The NEW TABLES
case is *fundamentally* different from every other form of GRANT, in
that it causes future actions.  So it might be a wise idea from the
standpoint of understandability to keep it as a separate command from
the immediate-acting ALL TABLES.