Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" for temporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" for temporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema
Дата
Ответ на Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema  (Mahendra Singh <mahi6run@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema  (Mahendra Singh <mahi6run@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mahendra Singh <mahi6run@gmail.com> writes:
> I think, we can add a regression test for this.
> postgres=# create temporary table temp(c1 int);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade ;
> ERROR:  cannot drop temporary namespace "pg_temp_3"
> postgres=#

No, we can't, because the particular temp namespace used by a given
session isn't stable.

> I thought that auto_vacuum wlll drop all
> the temp table schema but it is not drooping.

Generally speaking, once a particular pg_temp_N schema exists it's
never dropped, just recycled for use by subsequent sessions.