Re: Upgrade failure attempting to go to 12.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrade failure attempting to go to 12.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
> I think I've seen this before, but I can't figure out where the issue
> is.  The original database dates to way, way back when contrib/tsearch2
> was a loaded module instead of the functionality being part of the base
> system, and I suspect vestigal pieces are involved.

Yeah, that's what it looks like.  This:

> Command was: CREATE OPERATOR CLASS "public"."gist_tp_tsquery_ops"

is part of the old tsearch2 stuff, and you'll need to remove it from
the v10 installation before you can upgrade.

What I can't tell from this evidence is whether you'd ever converted
tsearch2 into an actual extension --- if you had, then "drop extension"
would be enough to get rid of it.  Otherwise, you need to consult a copy
of the old "uninstall_tsearch2.sql" script to find out what you ought to
get rid of.

If you have user tables or indexes that depend on the old tsearch2
objects, things get more complex :-( --- you'd want to update those
to depend on the newer core datatype and index opclasses before
you clean out the old ones.