Re: (libpq) listen/notify messages are converted to lowercase and/or are case insensitive

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: (libpq) listen/notify messages are converted to lowercase and/or are case insensitive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
> Obviously, things work and they probably work as intended, but I wasn't able
> to find anything on this behaviour in the docs. For a moment I thought that
> the syntax rule 'unquoted letters are forced to lowercase' of SQL applied
> here as well, but any double quotes used are simply interpreted as part of
> the name.

You had the right idea: the arguments of listen and notify commands are
identifiers.  I don't know what convinced you otherwise.

regression=# listen "Z";
LISTEN
regression=# notify Z;
NOTIFY
regression=# notify "Z";
NOTIFY
Asynchronous notification "Z" received from server process with PID 28818.