Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I just noticed that this patch not only adds min,max,stddev, but it also
> adds the ability to reset an entry's counters.  This hasn't been
> mentioned in this thread at all; there has been no discussion on whether
> this is something we want to have, nor on whether this is the right API.

> What it does is add a new function pg_stat_statements_reset_time() which
> resets the min and max values from all function's entries, without
> touching the stddev state variables nor the number of calls.  Note
> there's no ability to reset the values for a single function.

That seems pretty bizarre.  At this late date, the best thing would
probably be to strip out the undiscussed functionality.  It can get
resubmitted for 9.5 if there's a real use-case for it.