Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> josh, nobody is talking about it because it doesn't make sense. you could
> only retry if it was the first query in the transaction and only if you
> could prove there were no side-effects outside the database and then you
> would have no reason to think the retry would be any more likely to work.

But it's hot standby, so there are no data-modifying transactions.
Volatile functions could be a problem, though.  A bigger problem is
we might have already shipped partial query results to the client.

I agree it ain't easy, but it might not be completely out of the
question.  Definitely won't be happening for 9.0 though.