Re: docs log_executor_stats

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: docs log_executor_stats
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Uwe Bartels <uwe.bartels@gmail.com> writes:
> i know what a context switch is or a page fault/reclaim, etc.
> what i need to know is the context of the numbers:
> - numbers without brackets
> - number with brackets

It looks like the numbers in brackets are the latest raw numbers from
getrusage(), whereas the numbers before the brackets are the delta
from a getrusage() call made at the start of execution.

> - context for those numbers: are all of these numbers one-to-one related to
> my function call? Or did those numbers (signals/page reclaims) come up
> during the time of execution of that function?

It's just the overall getrusage result for the backend process.

> what I don't know and never found so far is "Local  blocks" and "Direct
> blocks". So I'd be interested to know what's this, jst for completeness.

Local blocks are (or were ... that code is gone as of 9.0) I/O for
temporary tables of the current backend.  I think direct blocks was a
count of I/Os on temp files (sort data and so on).