Re: Excessive growth of pg_attribute and other system tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Excessive growth of pg_attribute and other system tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> My autovacuum config is running and I do see regular periodic vacuums
> of these pg_ tables but still they grow.

Do you have the FSM settings set large enough to account for all the
free space?

Also you might want to check for newer versions of autovacuum.  I recall
that the earlier releases had bugs that sometimes made it skip vacuuming
tables that should be vacuumed.