Re: pg_dump doesn't restore on newer database due to schema issues (bug or limitation?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump doesn't restore on newer database due to schema issues (bug or limitation?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com> writes:
> When trying to move a database from 8.3 to 9.2.5, the plain text pg_dump
> did not restore without errors.  (I used pg_dump from 9.2.5)  The problem
> seems to relate to references to other schemas and the schema search paths.

What this looks like to me is that you have a SQL function which isn't
protecting itself against changes in search_path.  It could fail in any
context where somebody's changed search_path, not just a restore run.
You should consider fully qualifying the table reference in the function's
source code, or adding a "SET search_path" clause to the function
definition.