Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hopefully we'll get Tom's patch that addresses the failure-to-truncate
> issues in pg12.

Hm, are you speaking of the handwaving I did in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2348.1544474335@sss.pgh.pa.us
?

I wasn't really working on that for v12 --- I figured it was way
too late in the cycle to be starting on such a significant change.
Still, if we did manage to make that work, it would remove the need
for user-visible kluges like the one discussed in this thread.