Re: FW: [CYGWIN] 7.2b3 postmaster doesn't start on Win98

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FW: [CYGWIN] 7.2b3 postmaster doesn't start on Win98
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> Unless someone can think of a reasonable runtime check to
>> distinguish win98 from newer systems, I think we have little
>> choice but to make the data directory permissions check be
>> #ifndef __CYGWIN__.  I don't like this much, but (a) I don't
>> want to hold up 7.2 while we look for better ideas, and (b)
>> no one should consider a Windoze box secure anyway ;-).

> This check actually caused me *much* grief when I was testing on Win2K/XP.
> It required that the cygwin ntsec option is enabled which in my case caused
> me even more problems with my Cygwin installation. I vote for the #ifndef
> __CYGWIN__...

Oh, so it's (in essence) an optional feature on Cygwin?  And someone
else pointed out that it depends on the filesystem in use, too.

Okay, I think the answer is clear: #ifndef __CYGWIN__ for 7.2.  We can
think about nicer approaches for 7.3.

I'll apply the change shortly.