Re: Anyone working on pg_dump dependency ordering?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Anyone working on pg_dump dependency ordering?
Дата
Re: Anyone working on pg_dump dependency ordering?
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca> writes:
> Well.. the second one will be much slower when the foreign keys verify.
> Primary, unique constraints I'll buy in the create statement. Check
> constraints and defaults are a little fuzzier.

FK, primary, and unique constraints are already split out from the
CREATE TABLE for performance reasons.  We could think about folding them
back in in a schema-only dump, but in a full dump I don't think it's
negotiable --- you really want to load the table data before you install
these constraints.