Re: [JDBC] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [JDBC] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements
Дата
Re: [JDBC] JDBC and Binary protocol error, for some statements  (Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda@truviso.com> writes:
>> 21:43:02.264 (26)  FE=> Describe(statement=S_1)
> You're still doing the statement-flavor Describe. As Tom pointed out,
> this won't tell you the result types because it doesn't know them.
> Actually, technically if you issue a statement-flavor Describe *after*
> a Bind, the server does have this information, but I'm not surprised
> that it doesn't send it correctly, since it seems pointless to send
> the statement variation after already doing a Bind.

In principle you could open more than one Portal off a Statement
at the same time, so it wouldn't necessarily be well-defined anyway.