Re: Does raising maintenance_work_mem get seen by an already running aucovac?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Does raising maintenance_work_mem get seen by an already running aucovac?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net> writes:
> There's a long running anti-wrap autovac that we'd rather let finish but
> on the server instance, I found maintenance_work_mem rather low and thus
> raised it in postgresql.comf, reloaded and confirmed that my interactive
> session saw the change.

> Can a running autovac make use of this or should I either wait it out or
> cancel and let it restart when ready?

Looks like an autovac worker will notice postgresql.conf changes once
per table:

    /*
     * Perform operations on collected tables.
     */
    foreach(cell, table_oids)
    {

        /*
         * Check for config changes before processing each collected table.
         */
        if (ConfigReloadPending)
            ProcessConfigFile(PGC_SIGHUP);

If it is stuck on a particularly enormous table, you might be best off
to kill it, but otherwise I'd let it go.