Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (on Windows)?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (on Windows)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> writes:
> So, just to be sure, you're saying that when the ".ready" file is
> created, it is guaranteed that no process will write to a location
> within that segment anymore even if it happens to have the file open?
> (That's actually completely obvious, but bear with me, please.)

Right.

> And further, that each such process will close the open file as soon as
> it, intending to write WAL, finds out that the next available location
> is not within the file?

Yes, I believe it will typically hold the file open until that happens.
(If short of file descriptors, it might close it sooner, but that's
probably not common.)

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (onWindows)?
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Why does the WAL writer sit on completed segments (on Windows)?