Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 vs old branches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 vs old branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-02-06 Mo 11:13, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So presumably, changing this test would break it for OpenSSL 0.9.8,
>> which is still nominally supported in those branches.  On the other
>> hand, this test isn't run by default, so users would likely never
>> notice anyway.

> Presumably we don't have any buildfarm animals running with such old
> versions of openssl, or they would be failing the same test on release
> >= 13.

That test isn't run by default in the buildfarm either, no?

But indeed, probably nobody in the community is testing such builds
at all.  I did have such setups on my old dinosaur BF animals, but
they bit the dust last year for unrelated reasons.  I wonder how
realistic it is to claim that we still support those old OpenSSL
versions.