Re: Upgrading from 9.6 to 12 and running into cast issues with pg_catalog.text()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.6 to 12 and running into cast issues with pg_catalog.text()
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> I have some implicit casts such as real to text where they depend on the
> function pg_catalog.text(real) which seems to no longer exist in 12. The
> pg_upgrade failure says:

> Command was: CREATE CAST (real AS "text") WITH FUNCTION
> "pg_catalog"."text"(real) AS IMPLICIT;

Hm, there wasn't any such function in 9.6 either, so I suspect you've
forgotten some critical details about how these casts got created.
But anyway, if you really want that behavior, creating the cast
"WITH INOUT" is probably the best way to do it.