Re: [HACKERS] can't link libpq.so(inet_aton() not found)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] can't link libpq.so(inet_aton() not found)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> It seems fe-connect.c was changed to call inet_aton() recently.
> I can't make executables linking libpq.so because my environ-
> ment(i386-pc-solaris2.5.1, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3) doesn't have
> inet_aton().

Hmm.  We could make libpq dependent on the substitute inet_aton
that's in backend/ports.  But since this is only needed for a very
optional feature (and one I don't much care for ;-)), my inclination
is to just #ifdef it out, and not support pghostaddr on machines
without inet_aton.