Re: Error seen when vacuuming pg_largeobject table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error seen when vacuuming pg_largeobject table
Дата
Re: Error seen when vacuuming pg_largeobject table
Список pgsql-admin
"Chris White \(cjwhite\)" <cjwhite@cisco.com> writes:
> Here is the info. I am running 7.2.1.

7.2.1 is a bit long in the tooth; you really ought to be running 7.2.4
if you are still in the 7.2 series.  However I don't think that has much
to do with your immediate problem.

The only thing that struck me about your transcript is that you didn't
show shutting down and restarting the postmaster.  You didn't try to run
a standalone backend concurrently with the postmaster did you?  (There
are supposed to be interlocks against that, but maybe they failed.)
The failures sort of look like the standalone backend's changes did not
completely propagate back to the regular database, and that's the only
very plausible mechanism I can think of for that ...

Also, I really wanted to see the output of vacuum verbose.  Just
"vacuum" doesn't tell anything much.