Re: Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5)

От
Тема Re: Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Reinhard Max <max@suse.de> wrote on 12.01.2005, 11:17:52:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 at 08:23, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> > Not sure what is going on here: why is SUSE not listed on the supported
> > platforms list? (still)
> >
> > ...is it because Reinhard seems resistant
>
> why do you think so?
>
> > (after private conversation) to the idea of submitting a formal port
> > report via HACKERS, like everybody else?
>
> I andwered you that I will do it, but last week was a short week for
> me, and this Monday I had an email from Peter Eisentraut telling me
> that he will add the SUSE ports to the list, so I didn't see a need to
> send a report in addition.

Forgive my admittedly blunt tactics - I want to see SUSE on the list
before we release, and time was short - that's all. If it wasn't for
RC5, no port report would be listed in the docs in the final
release.... It's better to have a SUSE contact support the port than
for me to report it.

I should note here also that SGI have replied "No" to my request for
help (or access) with porting PostgreSQL onto the latest version of
IRIX...

Anyone got access to an HP/UX development system?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs