Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SUSE port (was [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Not sure what is going on here: why is SUSE not listed on the supported
> platforms list? (still)

I haven't seen any reports of passes on SUSE.  I have zero doubt that PG
works on SUSE, since it's pretty much exactly like every other Linux,
but there's been no specific reports on the lists AFAIR.

> ...is it because Reinhard seems resistant (after private conversation)
> to the idea of submitting a formal port report via HACKERS, like
> everybody else?

See above.

> ...or is it because his postings to ANNOUNCE that the port to SUSE have
> gone unnoticed by those that compile the supported platforms list?

If he insists on posting such routine stuff to pgsql-announce, he should
not be too surprised that his postings do not get approved.  That isn't
the correct forum.  We don't peruse the New York Times classified ads
for such reports, either ...