Re: BUG #5669: server process was terminated by exception 0xC0000005

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5669: server process was terminated by exception 0xC0000005
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié sep 22 13:03:06 -0400 2010:
>> Wouldn't an empty string be acceptable?  SQL doesn't allow zero-length
>> identifiers, so this couldn't be confused with any really-valid value.

> I dunno really -- what is this value used for, anyway?  If it's just to be
> able to generate the SHOW table which is then parsed to obtain the
> fulltext configuration, seems OK.

Well, the more general point is what should "SHOW session_authorization"
show in an autovacuum process?  The fact that Andrew wasn't
intentionally doing that doesn't mean that someone else might not try
it.  I think we can either decide it should be an obviously-illegal
value, or try to make it return the name of the cluster-creating
superuser.  The latter seems like more work than it's worth though.