Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> on-by-default is what we gain. I think that's fairly big...

Only if that's actually what we want, which is far from clear in this
corner.  There are good reasons why most Linux distros configure daemons
not to dump core by default.  It's annoying when we are trying to debug
a Postgres crash, but that doesn't mean the reasons aren't good.