Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore (libpq? parser?) bug in 8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> I had a thought that might short-circuit this - do we even need pg_dump to
> use dollar quoting for non-text output, such as is required by pg_restore?

That's a possibility, but I'd rather work around it by finding a way for
pg_restore not to need to parse the dollar-quoted literal in the first
place.  I haven't heard a reason why it needs to parse the contents of a
CREATE FUNCTION entry.  If we guarantee not to put dollar-quoted
literals into the TOC types it *does* need to parse, ISTM we're good.