Re: Extracting single coordinate from a box

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extracting single coordinate from a box
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> writes:
> But when I try something like b[0][0] the passer ignores the second array
> subscript parameter and returns only a "point".

Try this:

regression=# select f1, (f1[1])[0] from box_tbl;
         f1          | f1
---------------------+-----
 (2,2),(0,0)         |   0
 (3,3),(1,1)         |   1
 (2.5,3.5),(2.5,2.5) | 2.5
 (3,3),(3,3)         |   3
(4 rows)

You need the extra parentheses because the two subscript operations need
to work on fundamentally different datatypes --- if you write f1[1][0]
you are asking to subscript a 2-D array which this isn't.

[ experiments further ... ]  Drat, seems that syntax works in 7.4 but
not 7.3.  Dunno if that will help you.