Re: Add slowdown after conversion to UTF8

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Add slowdown after conversion to UTF8
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Brant Fitzsimmons <> writes:
> I've searched the web and can find very little on this issue, so I was
> hoping those on this list would be able to shed some light on it.

> Performance has dropped through the floor after converting my db from ASCI
> to UTF8.  Is this normal behavior on 8.4.x?

Well, with no specifics on performance of *what*, it's hard to say.
There are certain operations that could be quite a bit slower, yes.
I haven't heard of too many people noticing a problem though.

It's probably worth noting that locale could be at least as much of a
factor as encoding ... but perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions about
what your slow operations are.

Сообщение: Re: wal_synch_method = open_sync safe on RHEL 5.5?
Сообщение: Re: wal_synch_method = open_sync safe on RHEL 5.5?