Re: Authentication Question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Authentication Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Epps, Aaron M." <Epps.Aaron@mayo.edu> writes:
>     I've got an authentication questions.  I've just setup pg_hba.conf to use "local    all    all    trust" for
testingpurposes, but when the application I'm using tries to connect to the PostgreSQL Db (Using PHP) I get the
followingerror.

> " Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user
"webuser". in /var/www/html/issue-tracker/includes/classes/dbi.class.php on line 98 "

> To me, it looks like PostgreSQL is still trying to authenticate, even
though it should be trusting all local socket connections.

(1) Did you SIGHUP the postmaster after editing the config file?
("pg_ctl reload" is the easy way to do this.)  If not, it's still using
whatever setup you had before.

(2) It's fairly likely that PHP will try to connect via TCP/IP even for
a local server.  If so, the relevant pg_hba.conf line will be the one
for 127.0.0.1, not the "local" line.  "local" is for Unix-socket
connections.