Re: Irrevocable privileges

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Irrevocable privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Dave Held" <dave.held@arraysg.com> writes:
> I think it's silly that any privileges that an owner grants to himself =
> are essentially irrevocable.

Say again?  An owner can certainly revoke his own ordinary privileges.

> Consider:

> User joe creates table foo
> User joe grants permission rw to himself on foo
> User joe decides that user bob should really be the owner of foo
> User joe revokes his permissions, alters foo to be owned by bob,=20
>     and gives bob rw privilege
> User joe is annoyed to find out that his privileges are in a state of =
> limbo

Please define "state of limbo".  Also note that if user joe is able to
do "ALTER OWNER" then he must be a superuser, and hence not subject to
access controls in the first place.

I do recall that we recently (probably in 8.0) fixed some issues with
what ALTER OWNER does with existing privileges.  What version are you
testing?