Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Send new protocol keepalive messages to standby servers.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Send new protocol keepalive messages to standby servers.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there plan to implement such external functions before 9.2 release?
>> If not, keepalive protocol seems to be almost useless because there is
>> no use of it for a user and the increase in the number of packets might
>> increase the replication performance overhead slightly. No?

> Good point.  IMHO, this shouldn't really have been committed like
> this, but since it was, we had better fix it, either by reverting the
> change or forcing an initdb to expose the functionality.

I see no reason to rip the code out if we have plans to make use of it
in the near future.  I am also not for going back into development mode
on 9.2, which is what adding new functions now would amount to.  What's
wrong with leaving well enough alone?  It's not like there is no
unfinished work anywhere else in Postgres ...

Сообщение: Re: "could not open relation with OID" errors after promoting the standby to master
Сообщение: Re: "could not open relation with OID" errors after promoting the standby to master